- You understand most of the content but you just can’t answer the questions
- You did really well at GCSE but your marks at A-level are really disappointing and you just don’t know where you’re going wrong
- You know you’re supposed to work on your exam technique but you don’t know what good exam technique actually is
- You sit down to study but you don’t really know what you should be doing so you just end up on instagram wasting time
- You dread doing the calculation questions and you’re worried that not doing A-level maths means you’ll struggle
- Your teachers aren’t really doing anything to help you improve and they’re not supportive
Online tutor for A-level Chemistry and Biology
If so, you’re in the right place. My name’s Gemma and I’m an online A-Level Chemistry and Biology tutor. I’ve been a full-time tutor for nearly 10 years and I’m also an Associate Lecturer for The Open University where I tutor health sciences and investigation skills.
During my time as a tutor, I’ve worked with well over a hundred students and built up thousands of hours of experience. I’ve seen the mistakes they’re making that cost them the grades, and I know the changes they’ve made and the skills they’ve developed to allow them to overcome their struggles.
Plus, I’ve been there myself. I went from getting CC in double science at GCSE to straight As at A-Level, then a first class honours degree and a Masters degree. I didn’t become any smarter or any more naturally gifted at science. What I did do is work very hard at figuring out how to study and how to think like a scientist so that I could make sense of even the most difficult exam question and answer it in a way that would get me the marks.
These skills are what I now teach my students and what allows them big improvements to their grades and aim for the career they want.