10 multiple choice questions to help you test your knowledge and understanding of the basics of Chemistry, and prepare for A-level Chemistry.
All of the questions are answerable based on what you learned at GCSE, so if you struggle to answer any of them you have a gap in your knowledge that you need to fill in.
Chemistry basics multiple choice questions
Allow yourself around 10 minutes to complete this quiz. Grab a pen and paper (and maybe a periodic table. The A-level one uses a different precision to the GCSE one, so use that – you can find the AQA one here).
1.Which state symbol represents an aqueous solution?
2.Which element is not diatomic?
3. Which compound is ionic?
4. Which compound is covalent?
5. Which element is in group 2 of the periodic table?
6. Which element is in period 4 of the periodic table?
7. Which element has a full outer shell of electrons?
8. Which element has 4 electrons in its outer shell?
9. Which of these elements is gaseous at room temperature?
10. Which of these elements contains delocalised electrons?
If you found this quiz a challenge it’s really important than you work on your knowledge of the basics before starting A-level Chemistry. It might be a bit disheartening, but it’s better to work on it now before you start running into problems
More quizzes to try
If you need to do more practice with the basics, you will find more questions here.
If you’re ready to practice with some tough exam-style A-level Chemistry questions you will find some here.