10 multiple choice questions to help you test your knowledge and understanding ion charges and formulae, and prepare for A-level Chemistry.
All of the questions are answerable based on what you learned at GCSE, so if you struggle to answer any of them you have a gap in your knowledge that you need to fill in.
Chemistry ions multiple choice questions
Allow yourself around 10 minutes to complete this quiz. Grab a pen and paper (and maybe a periodic table. The A-level one uses a different precision to the GCSE one, so use that – you can find the AQA one here).
1. What charge do ions of group 1 metals have?
2. What charge do ions of group 7 elements have?
3. What is the name of the S2- ion?
4. What is the formula of the carbonate ion?
5. What is the formula of the nitrate ion?
6. What is the formula of the sulfate (VI) ion?
7. Which of the following ions is the oxide ion?
8. What is the formula of the ammonium ion?
9. What is the formula of the hydroxide ion?
10. What charge do aluminium ions have?
If you found this quiz a challenge it’s really important than you work on your knowledge of the basics before starting A-level Chemistry. It might be a bit disheartening, but it’s better to work on it now before you start running into problems.
More quizzes to try
If you need to do more practice with the basics, you will find more questions here.
If you’re ready to practice with some tough exam-style A-level Chemistry questions you will find some here.