This quiz consists of 10 Bonding multiple choice questions for the AQA AS and A-Level Chemistry specification.
The questions are a similar style and level of difficulty to the multiple-choice questions you’ll be given in the AQA Chemistry exams.
Though they’re based on the AQA specification, they’re also appropriate for students studying other exam boards.
Some of these questions are straightforward, some of them are horrible. You need to know how to do all of them by the time the exams come around though, so if there’s anything you can’t do (even if it seems a bit weird) make sure you work backward from the answer and figure out why the answer is what it is.
Bonding multiple choice questions
If you’re using this as a test, allow yourself around 11-12 minutes to answer these questions. If you’re using them to learn from, feel free to use your textbook to help you.
As always with Chemistry, make sure you have your periodic table and your calculator handy.
1. Which of the following substances have covalent bonding?
2. Which of the following molecules is NOT an allotrope of Carbon?
3. Chlorine pentafluoride has the formula ClF5. How many bonding pairs and lone pairs are present in Chlorine pentafluoride?
4. Which of the following elements has the lowest electronegativity?
5. Which Hydrogen Halide has the highest boiling point?
6. Dinitrogen Monoxide has the formula N2O. What is it’s shape?
7. Which of the following substances does NOT have a crystal structure?
8. Which if the following molecules is NOT polar?
9. Predict the change in bond angle when the following reaction takes place:
H2O + H+ → H3O+
10. Barium Chloride has the formula BaCl2. Which of the following statements about BaCl2 is NOT correct?
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.