A-level Chemistry and Biology online tuition
Over the years, some of my students have been able to make massive improvements to their grades and chase careers that they thought were out of their reach. Here’s some examples:
An A-level Biology student who was awarded a D based on her GAG. She was told that she would be very unlikely to be able to increase her grade above a C. She sat the exams in October and achieved an A*
An A-level Chemistry and Biology student who was awarded Cs in both subjects based on her CAGS. She sat the exams in October, after only 5 weeks of tuition, and achieved an A and a B.
A student who started tuition for A-Level Biology only 2 months before the exams after getting a D in her mock exam. She worked really hard on her exam technique and achieved a B in the ‘real’ exams, allowing her to gain admission to her first choice degree course.
A Biology student who got a D in her year 1 mock. She went on to achieve a B in the final exams and gained a place at on the Royal Veterinary College gateway programme.
A Biology student who had never scored higher than a D on tests and mocks. He achieved a D in the exams and has gone on to University to study physiotherapy.
A Biology student who had scored an E and resat to get a B.
A Biology resit student who went from U to an A in only 5 months.
An A-Level Chemistry student who had missed her offer to study Veterinary Medicine after achieving a B. She took a year out to resit as a private candidate and achieved an A which gained her place at University.
A student who had received a U in Chemistry at A and needed a C for University. She achieved a C, despite being told by her school teachers that she had no chance of passing.
A chemistry student who needed an A to be accepted onto a Veterinary Medicine but had been given a U grade in a mock exam in December. She achieved her A in the final exams and is now studying to be a Vet.
Chemistry and Biology students
- A Chemistry and Biology student who was entered for the AS exams and achieved a D and a C. She had almost given up on her dream of studying Dentistry, but after achieving a B and an A in the final exams she realised she was still in with a chance. She took a gap year to apply for Dentistry, got a place and is now at University.
- A Chemistry and Biology student who got a D and a B at AS. She was awarded As in both Chemistry and Biology, giving her the grades she needed to apply to study Medicine. She’s now in her fourth year.
- An A Level Chemistry and Biology student who had been awarded Es at AS but increased her grades to be awarded a B in Chemistry and C in Biology.
- A student who got an E in Biology and failed Chemistry at AS. She had her heart set on being a dentist and was determined not to give up on this without giving it another shot. She started afresh with both subjects and improved enough to be offered a place to study dentistry. She met her offer, successfully completed her degree and is now a dentist.
- An A-Level Chemistry and Biology student who had been predicted Cs but was awarded a B in Biology and an A in Chemistry.
- A Biology student who got an A* in style by scoring 100%. She also achieved an A in Chemistry and is now studying Dentistry.
- A Biology and Chemistry student achieved Us in her mocks before starting tuition and gained A and B grades at A2 after retaking her AS exams alongside A2. She gained a place to study pharmacy at University.
- A student studying both Biology and Chemistry A level who had achieved a C and D respectively at AS and had been advised by school that he was at the limit of his capabilities. He resat AS alongside A2 and after achieved As in both subjects.
- Back when I tutored IGCSE as well as A-Levels, I started working with a student who was hovering around a D in both Biology and Chemistry, didn’t enjoy science, didn’t want to study science at A-Level and just wanted to get better grades at GCSE. However, by the time she sat her IGCSE exams, she’d developed a real passion for science. After getting an A* and an A at IGCSE, she opted for Biology and Chemistry at A-Level. I continued to tutor her throughout her A-Levels and she went on to get As in both subjects. This was enough to get her a place to study Dentistry, a career that she never even thought was an option for her.
- A Chemistry and Biology student who had a difficult first year and had lost her confidence. She was predicted 2 Cs but was hoping for 2 Bs. She ended up with an A in Biology and a B in Chemistry. She’s now at University studying Medicine.
online tuition for A-level Chemistry & Biology
Ready to book your free introductory session
Book your introductory session and we’ll work out what is causing your problems with A-level Chemistry and Biology, and what you can do to fix them.